1. How we collect your personal information
You agree that the Company may collect your personal information provided by you when you register as a member and collect your records of activities on our website or application through website management tools. In addition, if you use the services provided by the Company by logging in with a social media account such as Facebook or LINE, or by binding an account on a social media platform such as Google or Telegram for receiving the notifications, the Company may collect your public profile from the social media website or the software provider.
2. Information we collect
- The Company may use website analytics tools to collect information related to your browsing activities automatically on the website. However, if you have not registered as a member of our Service, the Company will not connect the records of your activities with personally identifiable information.
- The Company may collect the personal information you submitted willingly, including your name, gender, birthday, photo, nationality, region of residence, mobile phone number, email address, and social media account, in the registration process.
- During your use of our Service, the Company may collect information related to your need, time zone, language skills, course evaluations, course scheduling and communication with the teachers through our Service, customer service complaint records, surveys, friend recommendations, and relevant usage. With your approval, the Company may record the content of courses which you take individually for your future use.
3. Our purposes and legal basis for the processing
- The purposes for which the Company collects your personal information you provide in the registration process or your interactions with our Service are as follows.
- To fulfill the e-commerce and tutor matching service contract with you, it is necessary to create and manage your personal files for the purposes of member identification, marketing, database management, customer and consumer services, and accounting operations.
- Personal information is collected to ensure the quality, provide prizes, gifts, or other benefits for your use of our Service, or provide you with better and more customized services.
- Personal information is collected, processed, and utilized for the purpose of operating businesses defined in the business registration or Articles of Incorporation or for the purpose of fulfilling legal obligations.
4. Retention period and the region we use your personal information
- The Company will keep your personal information during the period when the specific purposes mentioned above exist. The Company may utilize your personal information within the territories where its business operates, the Company’s other service locations, and areas where our outsourced partners are located.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Company may process your personal information outside the territory of the EU and transfer your personal information to the region where there is a lack of adequate level of protection determined by the EU Commission for the necessity to perform the contract. Nevertheless, the Company will adopt appropriate measures to ensure your information security in accordance with the local laws and regulations.
5. The recipients of your personal information
- Partner commissioned by the Company to provide solutions for online customers, cloud platform, identity authentication, and payment services.
- The Company will provide the serial number and amount of your purchase order to the Company’s partner payment service provider to facilitate your use of their services to complete online payment. After you place an order, the web page will redirect you to the payment interface hosted by the payment service provider. Please note that all payment processes will be facilitated by the payment service provider, the Company does not collect your credit card or information relating to your payment method.
- The Company uses website management tools such as Google Analytics and provides your browsing records to such companies for analytics and website design improvements. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes your information, please refer to its description at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. If you do not want to provide website browsing data to Google Analytics, you may install the Google Analytics browser add-on available here.
5. Online Privacy Protection for Children
Our Service is not intended for or target children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from such Children, and if you are Children, please do not use our Service.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
9. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
10. Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
11. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
12. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
13. Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.